Moodle Hack/Doc Fest: Summer 2010 will be held June 23-25, 2010 at DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana. Hack/Doc is being held in conjunction with NITLE Camp’s Moodle User Group Meeting, which takes place Tuesday, June 22, 2010.
As with prior events, Hack/Doc will feature programmers and instructional technologists coming together to improve Moodle. We expect to continue work on CLAMP’s Moodle: Liberal Arts Edition project, fix outstanding Moodle bugs, and craft new training materials.
Attending Hack Doc Fest: Moodle Hack/Doc Fest is a free event. Attendees will need to pay for their own transportation, lodging, and dinner.
Virtual Attendance: In addition to the conventional Hack/Doc Fest, we’re planning on coordinating a virtual component to Hack/Doc Fest that will allow people to participate from their own campuses on a limited basis.
- Contact: Ken Newquist
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 610-330-5759
- When: June 23-25, 2010 (8:30 a.m. Wednesday – 2 p.m. Friday)
- Where: Green Center for Performing Arts, DePauw University, Greencastle, IN
Hack/Doc Fest Links
- Hack/Doc Itinerary [to be posted later]
- DePauw University Campus Map
- Follow the hashtag #mdlhackfest on Twitter for regular updates
NITLE Camp Links
Attendees are responsible for arranging their own lodging. There are two recommended options for Hack/Doc Fest; attendees can also look into other hotels and inns in the Greencastle area.
- On-campus housing: Hack/Doc attendees will be able to take advantage of NITLE’s on-campus housing arrangements for NITLE Camp. All billing for on-campus housing will be handled by NITLE.
- On Campus, single-occupancy, shared bathrooms. Find out more.
- Cost: $35/night
- Includes breakfast in the DePauw dining hall.
- Reservations will be available through NITLE’s registration system.
- Walden Inn and Conference Center: If you’d rather not stay in the residence halls, the Walden Inn is another good choice.
- Website: http://www.waldeninn.com
- 2 West Seminar St., Greencastle, IN 46135
- Cost: $89/night (includes continental breakfast)
- Reservations: Call 800-225-8655 & reference the room block for “NITLE groups” by May 30 to guarantee a rate of $89/night.
- DePauw is served by the Indianapolis International Airport (IND).
- For local transportation from the airport, we advise you to rent a car. Driving directions are available online.
- We will be arranging ride-shares with Hack/Doc and NITLE Camp attendees; you can signup through the Hack/Doc registration form. Visit the rideshare wiki.
- DePauw University will provide a brown bag-style lunch each day of the event.
- We are considering having a group diner on Wednesday night.
- There is no reimbursement for this Hack/Doc Fest through CLAMP.