As the Hack/Doc proceeds we’ll be posting requests for comments and feedback on new and existing Moodle Tracker items in the CLAMP Moodle Exchange as well as on Twitter. You can follow the Hack/Doc conversation on Twitter via the hashtag #mdlhackfest and by following our CLAMP Twitter account (@ClampHQ).
Registration is now open for Moodle Hack/Doc Fest, Winter 2016 at Reed College.
The event will be held Wednesday, Jan. 6 through Friday, Jan. 8, 2016 at Reed College in Portland, OR. There will be a Documentation/Code Sprint the day before Hack/Doc begins on Tuesday, Jan. 5.
The hotel reservation deadline is Friday, November 20, 2015. The event registration deadline is Friday, Dec. 11, 2015.
Over the last few Hack/Docs we’ve started a tradition of ad hoc presentations over lunch. These are 15 to 30 minute presentations, demonstrations, and/or discussions on a particular topic.
Here’s the schedule. All times are Pacific Standard Time.
- 12:00-12:30 p.m. – Presentation #1: The Grand Tour: Changes CLAMP-IT.org, Ken Newquist, Lafayette College
- 12:30-1 p.m. – Presentation #2: It’s Automagical! Using Cucumber to automatically create backup files in Moodle, Jen Rao, Lafayette College
- 12:00-12:30 p.m. – Presentation #3: Cosmic Evolution: Theming in Moodle, Charles Fulton, Lafayette College
- 12:30-1 p.m. – Presentation #4: Marking Guide vs. Rubric Advanced Grading Methods, Carly Born, Carleton College
- 12:00-12:30 p.m. – Presentation #5: OPEN
- 12:30-1 p.m. – Presentation #6: OPEN
If you’re at Hack/Doc and interested in presenting, please email Ken Newquist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During Moodle Hack/Doc at Reed College we’re going to experiment with using Google Hangouts in Google+ to share our presentations with those not at the event.
You’ll be able to participate in the Hangout in two ways:
- Join the Hangout via Google+
- Watch via the On Air video stream on Youtube
Joining via the Google Hangout will allow you to watch the presentations in real-time and participate via chat. The On Air video stream has a seven-second delay, and doesn’t allow for interaction.
Watching the Presentations
To participate via Google+:
- Log into Google+ (http://plus.google.com)
- Add Moodle CLAMP (email@example.com) to one of your Circles in Google+
- You can do this by going to Circles in the lefthand navigation bard and then typing “Moodle CLAMP” into the Name field. Drag the resulting profile to one of your Circles.
- Wait an open invitation to the “CLAMP Moodle Hack/Doc Fest Hangout”. You will see the hangout in your timeline as well as in the red box in the upper-righthand corner.
- Join the hangout.
To watch via YouTube:
- Go to the CLAMP profile page on YouTube:
- Wait for the video to appear.
- Click on the video.
Moodle Hack/Doc Fest at Reed College is coming up soon (Jan 7-10, 2013) and we’re looking for suggestions for bug fixes, documentation and new features for Moodle that the community would like us to address. In order to streamline issue gathering, we’re using a Google Doc to accept and review submissions. These will then be imported into Redmine for tracking.
You can also add commments to this post, but please submit them using the form as well so we have a definitive place for tracking things.
Moodle Hack/Doc Fest for Winter 2013 will be held Tuesday, January 8, 2013 through Thursday, January 10, 2013 at Reed College in Portland, Oregon.
A pre-Hack/Doc documentation and coding sprint will be held Monday, January 7, 2013. This will be CLAMP’s 11th Moodle Hack/Doc Fest. Moodle Hack/Doc Fest is a free event. Attendees will need to pay for their own transportation, lodging, and dinner.