Over the last few Hack/Docs we’ve started a tradition of ad hoc presentations over lunch. These are 15 to 30 minute presentations, demonstrations, and/or discussions on a particular topic.
Here’s the schedule. All times are Pacific Standard Time.
- 12:00-12:30 p.m. – Presentation #1: The Grand Tour: Changes CLAMP-IT.org, Ken Newquist, Lafayette College
- 12:30-1 p.m. – Presentation #2: It’s Automagical! Using Cucumber to automatically create backup files in Moodle, Jen Rao, Lafayette College
- 12:00-12:30 p.m. – Presentation #3: Cosmic Evolution: Theming in Moodle, Charles Fulton, Lafayette College
- 12:30-1 p.m. – Presentation #4: Marking Guide vs. Rubric Advanced Grading Methods, Carly Born, Carleton College
- 12:00-12:30 p.m. – Presentation #5: OPEN
- 12:30-1 p.m. – Presentation #6: OPEN
If you’re at Hack/Doc and interested in presenting, please email Ken Newquist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During Moodle Hack/Doc at Reed College we’re going to experiment with using Google Hangouts in Google+ to share our presentations with those not at the event.
You’ll be able to participate in the Hangout in two ways:
- Join the Hangout via Google+
- Watch via the On Air video stream on Youtube
Joining via the Google Hangout will allow you to watch the presentations in real-time and participate via chat. The On Air video stream has a seven-second delay, and doesn’t allow for interaction.
Watching the Presentations
To participate via Google+:
- Log into Google+ (http://plus.google.com)
- Add Moodle CLAMP (email@example.com) to one of your Circles in Google+
- You can do this by going to Circles in the lefthand navigation bard and then typing “Moodle CLAMP” into the Name field. Drag the resulting profile to one of your Circles.
- Wait an open invitation to the “CLAMP Moodle Hack/Doc Fest Hangout”. You will see the hangout in your timeline as well as in the red box in the upper-righthand corner.
- Join the hangout.
To watch via YouTube:
- Go to the CLAMP profile page on YouTube:
- Wait for the video to appear.
- Click on the video.