Moodle Hack/Doc Fest isn’t just about hacking and documentation; it’s also about talking. This week we’ll have seven lunchtime presentations including topics such as the State of CLAMP, Moodle theming, web-based clickers, and the Language Lesson Project.
Here’s the list of presentations that will be given Colgate University. All times are Eastern Daylight Saving Time. The presentations will be available with a 7-second delay via YouTube and live via a Google+ Hangout.
- Noon-12:15 p.m.: Presentation #1
- The State of CLAMP — Ken Newquist, Lafayette College
- 12:15-12:30 p.m.: Presentation #2
- Moodle Grab Bag: Roster view, Flavors, and other odds and ends — Charles Fulton, Lafayette College
- 12:30 p.m.: Presentation #3
- Assignment Module in Moodle 2.4 — Carly Born, Carleton College
- Noon-12:20 p.m.: Presentation #4
- Updates and new features to LAE Grade Suite, updates to Quickset block — Bob Puffer, Luther College
- 12:20–12:40 p.m.: Presentation #5
- IPAL Demonstration — Bill Junkin, Eckard College
- Noon-12:15 p.m.: Presentation #7
- Theme Review: Afterburner & Formal White — Lou Taris, Wheaton College
- 12:15-12:30 p.m. Presentation #8
- Syllabus Block — Kevin Wiliarty, Smith College
- 12:30–1:00 p.m.: Presentation #9
- Language Lesson development and progress — Daniel Landau, Reed College and Carly Born, Carleton College
- 1:00-1:15 p.m.: Presentation #10
- Custom SQL — Charles Fulton, Lafayette College
We’re using Google Hangouts in Google+ to share our presentations with those not at the event.
You’ll be able to participate in the Hangout in two ways:
- Join the Hangout via Google+
- Watch via the On Air video stream on Youtube
Joining via the Google Hangout will allow you to watch the presentations in real-time and participate via chat. The On Air video stream has a seven-second delay, and doesn’t allow for interaction.
Watching the Presentations
To participate via Google+:
- Log into Google+ (http://plus.google.com)
- Add Moodle CLAMP (firstname.lastname@example.org) to one of your Circles in Google+
- You can do this by going to Circles in the lefthand navigation bard and then typing “Moodle CLAMP” into the Name field. Drag the resulting profile to one of your Circles.
- Wait an open invitation to the “CLAMP Moodle Hack/Doc Fest Hangout”. You will see the hangout in your timeline as well as in the red box in the upper-righthand corner.
- Join the hangout.
To watch via YouTube:
- Go to the CLAMP profile page on YouTube:
- Wait for the video to appear.
- Click on the video.