The Collaborative Liberal Arts Moodle Project (CLAMP) is launching several new committees and is looking for volunteers to serve on them. The goals of these committees are to support CLAMP’s efforts outside of our Hack/Doc Fests, help prepare our members for the jump to Moodle 2.0, and provide more opportunities to schools to participate in meaningful ways.
The four committees are:
- Development: work on bug fixes, develop existing and new functionality, and support the release of Moodle: Liberal Arts Edition.
- Documentation: Create and update generic Moodle documentation – including written, audio, and video – that can easily be adapted to individual colleges.
- Event Planning: Plan brown bag lunches, special talks, and the biannual Hack/Doc Fests.
- Next Generation: research and prepare for the next major version of Moodle; today that’s Moodle 2.0, which has major changes to blocks, modules, themes, and core code.
Here’s the schedule of upcoming committee meetings:
- Event Planning – Monday, Dec. 6, 2010 @ 2 p.m. EST
- Documentation – Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2010 @ 2 p.m. EST
- Next Generation – Thursday, Dec 9, 2010 @ 2 p.m. EST
- Development – Friday, Dec. 10, 2010 @ 2 p.m. EST
Anyone at a CLAMP school can serve on any committee; no nomination is required.